Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Redemption

I came across these guys completely by accident, but August Redemption has rekindled my faith in underground rock. A surreal mix of metal, alternative and grunge, August Redemption mixes piercing lyrics with serene guitar riffs, and melodic drumming. Comprised of David Randle (vocals), Luke Bishop (guitar), Glen Jenkinson (guitar), Gavin Arnol (bass), and Emonn Sheehan (drums), the hard rock quintet delivers an almost new wave Doors/Jefferson Airplane sound mixed with the slow pace of Nirvana's "Something in the Way" and the guitar licks of Alice in Chains' "Down in a Hole."
I was reading the band's page and thinking I would skip on to the next group, until the music player loaded, and "Curse" started playing. I was hooked. The surreal motion of the song almost had me swaying as it moved to the next song, "Tales of a Broken Heart," and then I was motionless. Speechless. It was almost as if the underground sound that came out of Seattle that I'd fallen in love with had migrated to Australia, the band's home country. If you haven't heard them yet, get on it. Their site will be below. Listen to their debut EP, Liquid Courage. It's a new sound for a new decade. 

Sounds Like: Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney

Key Tracks from Liquid Courage: "Curse," "Tales of a Broken Heart"

1 comment:

  1. I would like to tell you that I am also a fan of
    August Redemption and in love with the lead guitarist Glenn Jenkinson and find his tone to be
    soothing and everything he plays tells a story.
    We are looking to get signed by regal records in
    Sydney and hopefully will get a recording contract with an american company. So anyone needing the best Australian rock band, take them on they will rock till they drop 100%.
    regards Lyndi

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts