Friday, June 12, 2009

Wrapped in The Material

Ok so as this is the first post in my new music blog, I thought I would start with a review of a band which I discovered last year. The Material are a five-piece alternative pop-punk rock band made up of Colleen D'Agostino (lead vocals), Jon Moreaux (lead guitar), Noah Vowels (drums), Matt Holden(bass), and Roi Elam (guitar). I discovered these titanic performers on Purevolume.com and was hooked the minute I started listening. I was so hooked in fact that I went out to see them when they made their way down to Atlanta and was floored. How the HELL do these guys not have a record deal yet? They're still operating under the unsigned banner?!? What a travesty. Some artists are measured by their music on album, and some by their music live. But isn't it great when both ROCK?!! Well that's exactly what these guys (and girl) do. We've seen the rise of big name (and to their credit, awesome) bands like Paramore and Flyleaf, but for some reason The Material has slipped under the radar. Well no more. If nothing else, it's an accomplishment that they currently hold the #1 spot on the Purevolume.com charts for the top 100 unsigned artists. (And believe me, they've been in that top 100 for about a year now). They released their debut EP entitled Tomorrow a little while ago, so if you have the time, I highly suggest picking a copy up. This debut EP is a sign of the future. These guys are gonna be BIG.

Sounds Like: Paramore, Letters to Cleo

Key Tracks from Tomorrow: "No One Has to Know," "The Truth About Reality," "The Promise" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts