Saturday, April 24, 2010

Extended Break

I'm sorry to do this to you guys again, but I will be needing to take a somewhat extended break before I can give you guys some more awesome bands. I will of course be on the lookout during my break, but I feel it only fair to let you all know why rather than to keep you wondering in the dark.
The long and short of it is that yesterday on Friday April 23, I was in a bad car accident on 85 North which is one of the highways here in Atlanta. First and foremost, I want to say that I am ok, and that no one was killed or seriously injured. I don't know who's fault the accident was. It's a possibility that it could have been my error, though I don't think it is. That doesn't matter though. What does matter is that I am ok, and the other driver is too.
To make a long story short, what happened was that as I was changing lanes to get out of the exit lane and stay on the highway, I was hit in the rear of my car by another driver. Without trying to assign blame, I'm just letting you all know what happened from my perspective. The extra force made me lose control of the car, and probably contributed to my left hand jerking down on the steering wheel. My car then crossed all the other lanes of traffic on the highway (during rush hour I might add) before slamming head-on into the concrete barrier. I must have been doing at least 50 mph (because of the loss of control) at the time of the impact.
The bottom line? If there is a God, he really likes me, because I walked away from this with some cuts and bruises. It could have been so much worse than it was. Whatever the legal outcome is, and whoever has to pay however much for the ticket, it's all just money. Money here or money there. No one's dead and no one's in a coma. The paramedic said that it was a good day because no one was going home in a bodybag.
Anyway guys, I do apologize for rambling (I'm still pretty shaken up, so talking about it is really kinda theraputic to me), but I will have some new articles for you soon. Thank you for understanding, and you should all know that I'll be back soon, right now I'm just really sore. But I'm not dead, and that's a really big thing to be thankful for.
I'll be back soon. Drive safe, and remember to please use your seatbelts. I wouldn't be here right now if I hadn't been wearing mine. Peace all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts