Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dear Bobbie, You Rock!

It's just past noon, and as soon as I started listening to these guys, I knew immediately I had to write about them. Though I personally would suspect their name comes from the song "Dear Bobbie" from Yellowcard's third major-label release, "Paper Walls" only they can say for sure where it's from. But that doesn't matter. What does is that the minute I heard these guys, I heard everything I love in a song: ripping guitar riffs, bass lines that do more than just mimc the bass drum, a drum beat the keeps the song moving, self-aware and meaningful lyrics, and even some nice keys.
Made up of Mitch (guitar and vocals), Paul (guitar, vocals and keyboards), Troy (bass), and Scotty (drums), this four-piece out of Price, Utah rock just as hard as any pop-punkers out of New York or Boston. From the start of "Can't Take This Town," from their EP Standing Room Only, I was drawn in by the great vocals of Mitch, the great lyrics, and just the fantastic musicianship of all four members. It continued with the anthemic choruses and punk-felt verses of "It's All Good" and "Endless Tragedy." For an EP or demo, these three songs are extremely well recorded, and material-wise, just top-notch. If you haven't heard them yet, get your ass over to their sites ad listen. It's not something you'll feel you wasted your time on.

Sounds Like: Blink-182, The All-American Rejects, Narration

Key Tracks from Standing Room Only: "Can't Take This Town," "It's All Good," "Endless Tragedy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts